Help for Injured Workers of Self-Insured Employers
We answer your questions and explain your rights and responsibilities under Washington State industrial insurance law.
The Office of the Ombuds advocates for the rights of injured workers of self-insured employers by providing information, investigating complaints, and taking action to ensure the worker receives the appropriate benefits under Washington State industrial insurance law.
How Do I Find Information About ...
- Am I allowed to choose my health care provider?
- May I change my health care provider?
- I received a bill from my health care provider for injury-related treatment. What do I do?
- Do I have to work modified duty if my employer offers it?
- What is considered employer retaliation or discrimination after I have filed a workplace injury claim?
- My employer or their third-party administrator (TPA) has asked me to give a recorded statement. Do I have to cooperate?
- Industrial Insurance Discrimination Complaint form (en Español)
- Claim Suppression Complaint form (en Español)
- Request assistance with negotiating a structured settlement (en Español)
- Find a Doctor
- Medical Benefits for Injured Workers